Hello Christian!

Christian Richter wrote:

Have you looked at EAP-TTLS + PAP with SecureW2 (WinXP and W2k):
http://www.alfa-ariss.com/products/product31.htm

i have installed the tool and configured the radius server. The Client is running good and works well. But what configuration options have to be done on the server side? I set up ttsl with md5.
> Are there other otions to set (in the pap or other sections)?

SecureW2 supports _only_ EAP-TTLS + PAP. For the client have a look at Alfa & Ariss user guides.

What for an Auth-type is to set? Local or EAP (Eap as Auth-Type show me that he is found ttls)?

Unforunately I have not yet installed freeradius. We are currently using Radiator. I'm attaching relevant settings from the Radiator configuration.

<AuthBy FILE>
    Identifier OUTERAuthentication
    Filename %D/users
    EAPType TTLS
                EAPTLS_CAFile /opt/openssl/cacert.pem
                EAPTLS_CertificateFile /opt/openssl/tmp/signed.pem
                EAPTLS_CertificateType PEM
                EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile /opt/openssl/tmp/key.pem
                EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize 1000
                AutoMPPEKeys
</AuthBy>

Outer authentication must be open (user anonymous).

I have tested EAP, LOCAL, PAP . I set the encryption sceme to clear, md5 and crypt but none is working.

Only PAP will work ! Did you disable server certificate check in SecureW2 client ?

--
Best regards,
Rok Papez.