I am trying to add my own attributes to the request chain, eg. Session-Timeout = 1800. I do this using the passwd-module, by adding a field:

passwd my_passwd {
   format = "*User-Name:Crypt-Password:~Session-Timeout"

According to debug (-X) this works as expected.

Since the exec-module provides all request-attributes as environment variables, I would expect my attribute to show up in the environment of the script, but this does not happen. If I explicitely pass it as a parameter (/usr/local/bin/myscript %{Session-Timeout}) then it is being passed as $1, so it is in fact available.

Why is this?

In the course of the authorization and authentication process, I want to add my own attributes on the fly, such that later I can process them in my own exec script.

Z.