We proxy for a ton of realms, and all works fine on our 0.8.1 radius
farm, utilizing MySQL on separate servers accounting and some
radgroupcheck/reply stuff.

We have to start processing proxy requests for unique Called-Station-ID
with unknown realms. We have a unique dnis (final four) number, so the
npa-nxx will vary wildly. Ideally, we'd like to do that using MySQL, but
after most of today RTFMing, the best option looks like using the preproxy
file. The hitch is the boss won't let us try it out unless somebody who's
more familiar with it says that this will work. So, here's what I think we
need to do:

radiusd.conf file:

<<
        files {
                usersfile = ${confdir}/users
                acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
                preproxyusersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users
                compat = no
        }

preproxy_users file:

<<
DEFAULT
       Called-Station-ID =~ "*1234", Proxy-To-Realm := "realmname"

The realm will be stripped before sending on the packets to the auth
server.

Will/should this work? Any downside besides the fact we have to do this on
all of our radius servers? Any other way to do it?

Anybody do this with MySQL?

thanks,
Jim

-