At 09:55 PM 2/6/2004, Jim wrote:

<snip>
preproxy_users file:

<<
DEFAULT
       Called-Station-ID =~ "*1234", Proxy-To-Realm := "realmname"

The realm will be stripped before sending on the packets to the auth
server.

Will/should this work? Any downside besides the fact we have to do this on
all of our radius servers? Any other way to do it?

You should be able to do this in the plain 'users' file as well. Yes, it will work that way. I know several companies that are doing exactly this today. You also could use 'fastusers' module, which caches the users file in memory. This is very nice if you are doing high volume radius.

Anybody do this with MySQL?

You should be able to put the same DEFAULT entry in your SQL DB.

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net