Anton Blajev wrote:

Hello all out there,

I'm using FreeBSD as my server machine, I wanted to run radius+mysql
auth for my pptp users.

I got freeradius work just fine, but ! When I've tryed to get it working with mysql I wasn't able :(.

It returnd error freeradius can't load rlm_sql_mysq module.
I've made ls -la in the lib dir, there was rlm_sql.so ponting to
rlm_sql_postgresql.so

I've installed freeradius a lot of times after, with different options ( I'm installing it from /usr/ports , I have the exact version of mysql
server + client).
I'm defining -DWITH_MYSQL_VER=40 as described in the Makefile in
/usr/ports/net/freeradius/Makefile, but nothing!!! I get the same result every time, freeradius got built witn postgre and
no mysql :(((

Any ideas why's that?
10x in advance!

Change directory to :
/usr/ports/net/freradius

Type these commands as root or use sudo :

make deinstall
make clean
make WITH_MYSQL=yes
make install

You should now have freeradius installed with mysql support.

If you want to build from cvs...

As root :

cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/source login
{cvs password is : anoncvs}
cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/source checkout radiusd
cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/source logout
cd radiusd
./configure --quiet --with-logdir=/var/log --localstatedir=/var \
--disable-ltdl-install --with-ltdl-include=/usr/local/include \
--with-ltdl-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-large-files \
--without-rlm_x99_token

make
make install

I am currently working on a FreeBSD 5.2 machine with FreeRadius from CVS.

You will probably want to make sure your ports tree is up to date before
you build freeradius from ports. The current port should be 0.9.3. I have built it
with MySQL support and it does work.

Hope that helps.

Have a nice day.