I am attempting to have my radius authenticate against users in a postgre database, im
using postgre because it will integrate with other stuff im doing well.

I have the schema in place in database and have populated manually the radcheck table
with a user name and password.

My Freeradius server will authenticate against the text file appropiately, but when I
remove the entry from the text file and attempt to have it autenticate purely against
the postgre, I run into problems.  First it will not authenticate.  Second, it does
not appear to be trying to use the database even though i have postgre set in the
radiusd.conf

Here is my cmd when attempting to test authentication:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# radtest steve testing 209.248.83.229:1645 0 codradsec
Sending Access-Request of id 170 to 209.248.83.229:1645
        User-Name = "steve"
        User-Password = "testing"
        NAS-IP-Address = cerebrus.codenet.net
        NAS-Port = 0
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 209.248.83.229:1645, id=170, length=20

Here is the line of my radius file that enabled postgre db authentication:

$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/postgresql.conf

I have the postgresql.conf set up right as far as I know, and I dont seem to be
getting any errors about connection to the db...

anyone have any pointers?

Dan Baughman

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html