If one has Supplicant (client) configured for
EAP-PEAP w/ MS-CHAPv2 and on FreeRADIUS (or any
other RADIUS server) configured to terminate PEAP
w/MS_CHAPv2, but user profiles are stored on
Active Directory.

Does FreeRADIUS support this ?

If userprofile is on LDAP I think it would work since
LDAP bind/search would return userPassword attribute,
where as AD does not.  Thus CHAP cannnot be done in AD

case. Is this true ?

Currently EAP-PEAP w/ MS-CHAPv2 termination works on
some commercial FreeRADIUS servers who are running
MS-Windows OS/kernel. As I understand in this case
MS allows trusted domains to retrieve userPassword
attribute from AD query, thus making CHAP to work.
Is this right ?

Can someone please comment and share some wisdom ?
Alan.D: Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance,