On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 11:56:27PM +0200, Michael Markstaller wrote:
> Don't know wether this should be noted here or through the debian
> maintainer (?)

Either way... ;-)

> First of all to mention, building a deb-package from the
> csv-snapshot-20040506
> works really fine, great job for a software in mid of development !
> Anyway, did this the last days several times and noticed some things
> I wanted to mention in case it helps.

> Please tell me wether in future such things should go to this list, it's
> better
> to use bugs.freeradius.org (looks a bit complicated but I'm able to
> adopt) or
> it's better to contact the deb-maintainer..

Hmm. Since you're working off the CVS snapshots, best to bring it here,
and/or put it in bugs.freeradius.org. Otherwise it'll hang around in
the Debian bugtracker tagged "experimental, fixed-upstream" since I
don't know if these affect 0.9.3...

> Using a DEB made from csv-snapshot20040506, getting a
> cvs20040421-0_i386.deb package:

That's the date of the last change to the Debian packaging.

> check-radiusd-config:
> - shouldn't this be named check-freeradius-config
> - line 38: $sbindir/radiusd ...
>   -> should read $sbindir/freeradius -X -p 32768 > startup.log 2>&1 &
> - "freeradius -X -p" (complains that "-p" is ignored making the check
> fail..

Yes, yes they should.

> /etc/init.d/freeradius reload
> - either is seems broken, or freeradius misinterprets the SIGHUP with
> exiting instead relaoding config (?)
> don't know where the problem exactly is

I noticed this recently, but haven't had a chance to backtrace it...
Definately put that one in bugs.freeradius.org. Unknown to me if it
is Debian-specific. I'm assuming it is since no-one's reported it to
bugs.freeradius.org, and there's bugreports there from things that _do_
break during SIGHUP. :-)

> debian/rules - line 137 "dh_installpam --name=radiusd"
> - this prevents buildding on woody as dh_installpam doesn't know the
> "--name" parameter
> don't know wether there is something to do about it

Delete the line, and remove the build-dependancy on the versioned
debhelper. That's the only thing that won't work with Woody's debhelper.
If you want the pam file, drop --name=radiusd, but you'll have to edit
the pam configuration in FreeRADIUS to use it under whatever name it
gets.

> dialup-admin: there're few things, but as the debian-package is quite
> new and I'm still
> looking through it, I'll keep this back for another post ;)

I welcome anything about that one... I don't use it myself, so it's
largely untested. If you wander into the list archives, you can see
how bad it _was_. :-)

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.
(FreeRADIUS Debian maintainer)