> Hmm. Since you're working off the CVS snapshots, best to
> bring it here, and/or put it in bugs.freeradius.org.
> Otherwise it'll hang around in the Debian bugtracker tagged
> "experimental, fixed-upstream" since I don't know if these
> affect 0.9.3...
ok, as features push me close to the cvs I'll post them here

> > Using a DEB made from csv-snapshot20040506, getting a
> > cvs20040421-0_i386.deb package:
>
> That's the date of the last change to the Debian packaging.
sure, was just to document the versions I used..

> > /etc/init.d/freeradius reload
> > - either is seems broken, or freeradius misinterprets the
> SIGHUP with
> > exiting instead relaoding config (?) don't know where the problem
> > exactly is
>
> I noticed this recently, but haven't had a chance to
> backtrace it... Definately put that one in
> bugs.freeradius.org. Unknown to me if it is Debian-specific.
> I'm assuming it is since no-one's reported it to
> bugs.freeradius.org, and there's bugreports there from things
> that _do_ break during SIGHUP. :-)
I tried to track this a bit further; when I send a SIGHUP with
kill -s SIGHUP <pid> freeradius dies without any notice, so
it looks more like a debian-independent problem, but I'm too far
from any detail to confirm this being a bug..

> Delete the line, and remove the build-dependancy on the
> versioned debhelper. That's the only thing that won't work
> with Woody's debhelper. If you want the pam file, drop
> --name=radiusd, but you'll have to edit the pam configuration
> in FreeRADIUS to use it under whatever name it gets.

ok, thats what I already did the last 5 times.
I don't need PAM, so I don't care.. just thought because, one year (and
knowledge) ago such things would've probably left me out from using
freeradius on woody ;)

> I welcome anything about that one... I don't use it myself,
> so it's largely untested. If you wander into the list
> archives, you can see how bad it _was_. :-)

currently I don't get the dialup-admin from cvs-snapshot to work at all,
it displays, queries the mysql-db but doesn't show up anything (?),
using it from 0.9.3 despite works..

I haven't had time to look deeper into it, although in some weeks I'll
have to,
because I need a frontend at least to prevent helpdesk-staff coming to
me all day to create radius-accounts ;)
recently had some emails on this, there're many thing in dialup-admin
which I definitely need to change for my purposes and I'm yet unsure if
dialup-admin or "from scratch" is the point to start from.

Anyway, in case I'll go with dialup-admin I'll submit my changes and try
to help with the dialup-admin dpkg where I can..

Michael

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html