Hello again:

I've been trying for days to get freeradius working with Mysql. I'm using Linux Redhat 9, Mysql 3.23 and Freeradius-0.9.3 At first i configured freeradius without any options.. i was able to get it working perfectly using text file authentication. Then i started to configure the Mysql part of it. I made a mysql DB and populated it with test data. When i edited my sql.conf and radiusd.conf files to use the Mysql, i received this error... Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: file not found as i stated previously in my last post. I researched this error and tried every solution given to me from other users, etc... it came to the point where i just uninstalled Freeradius completely and reconfigured it like this ./configure --disable-shared. then i tried to get it running in text file authentication mode once again. It installed correctly, and i edited my radiusd.conf, clients.conf and users files how i wanted them and then when i ran radiusd -x i kept getting errors for almost every module saying that entries were missing for all of these modules.. so i went through my radiusd.conf file and i commented out everytihng that had to do with these errors.. i got it up and running so i thought because it said i was "ready to recevie requests", but when i did a radtest, it refused me. So then i went in and decided that i was going to try to setup the Mysql and see what happens. Well, i put an "sql" entry in the radiusd.conf file where i needed them and i edited my sql.conf file accordingly, but i got an error about the sql module entries being missing. I could not find a way around this, so i went ahead and completely uninstalled Freeradius again. Now, this is where i'm at. Surely there are many people out there that have freeradius running with Mysql flawlessly. Can anyone give me exact directions on how i need to ./configure freeradius so that mysql works? I'm sorry about the long post, but i know you guys like for people to explain in detail the problems that they are having. Thank you.

beside from mysql package, make sure you also  have  mysql-server package. see to it that your configure commands includes
compiling freeradius with rlm_sqlcounter support. sql.conf and sqlcounter.conf files must also exists and be included with radiusd.conf.
it seems that freeradius cannot find some sql  files from your system. radiusd -X would give you a hint.
if this is not the first time you install freeradius, removing all the commnets from radiusd.conf would help on easing tension on reading and
modifying it. more to browse with freeradius list also helps, and more to google. good luck then.