Kostas Kalevras wrote:

The above won't work. You can't just add the User-Name line in the rlm_ldap configuration and expect it to work.

I didn't expect it to just work, but I wanted to at least try something before posting a question. The documentation isn't as clear as your answer so I was grasping at straws.

You can either use rlm_attr_rewrite to strip the 'host/' part, or probably add a Hint variable in the users file and use that as the filter:

--users--
DEFAULT User-Name =~ "^([^/]+)/(.*)", Hint := `%{2}`

--radiusd.conf--
ldap {
        filter = "(cn=%{check:Hint})"

I tried adding the expression to the users file as you suggest - that doesn't appear to work either. I still end up with a cn='' filter. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig