On Sat, 8 May 2004, jesk wrote:

> hi,
>
> is there a need to run radrelay for identification of simultanous logins if
> iam running mysql backend with accounting in it?
> the mysql is storing the sessions and the radius server can query it for
> identification of the amount of logins a user have, why then the need of
> radrelay for announcing every session to every radius server?

To identify double logins on a multi server environment you have to keep the
accounting information synchronized. I strongly recommend radrelay, it works
great, it can cope with server delays/downtimes and since it sends radius
accounting packets, the synchronization is not limited to mysql but to the
whole accounting system (rad_counter, rad_utmp etc). And it's very easy to
setup, just run radrelay on both your radius servers (if you have two). Read
doc/radrelay for more information. Use the latest CVS version, it has many fixes
and works very nice (we are using it on a multiserver environment with 100000
sessions/day).

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece