hi Artur,

> hi Frederic
>

>> What do you want to say is that win2K is going to take EAP-Identity
>> value
>> in client certificate, before EAP-TLS challenge start ??
>> I don't think so, it doesn't work like that with Xsupplicant/FreeRADIUS
>> and it's not describe like this in RFC.
>
> no. what i want to say is that you force Windows to use EAP/TLS and it
> gets now the EAP Request Identity message. it has to reply to this
> message and it does need at least one identity for that.

Ok

> Unless you tell
> it to use some other identity (there is a check box you can mark)

I've tryed that, but nothing happened.

> it will automatically take the CN out of the installed certificate.

Then I would be able to see the answer EAP-Identity packet with protocol
viewer, enven if value of CN client certificate isn't the same as identity
in /raddb/users file ?

> If there is no certificate (or it is not where it should be, or it is in
> the machine repository but the machine identification is not on, or the
> certificate is invalidated by something like expiration or not available
> root certificate or or or or), well then Windows simply does not have
> any idea what to reply to the Authenticator, does it?

I think client and root cert are valids, then I'm going to contrôl the
place where they have to be....

> ciao
> artur

Thx very much for your help.