I need to be able to authenticate our 3030 Concentrator against FreeRADIUS with OpenLDAP as the database. I'm using FreeRADIUS 1.0.0rc2. FreeRADIUS and OpenLDAP are working (using radtest I get successful replies). However, when I add the freeradius server to the Concentrators list of Radius servers. I keep getting denies. In the freeradius debug logs I see:

rlm_ldap: login attempt by "****" with password " P?mE ??? ?? ? "
rlm_ldap: user DN: cn=***,ou=****,ou=users,o=extranet
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to test.foobar.com:389, authentication 1
rlm_ldap: bind as cn=***,ou=****,ou=users,o=extranet/ P?mE ??? ?? ? to test.foobar.com:389
rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
rlm_ldap: Bind failed with invalid credentials
modcall[authenticate]: module "ldap" returns reject for request 1
modcall: group Auth-Type returns reject for request 1
auth: Failed to validate the user.
WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password. ? Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!

Obviously, the password is incorrect. Now, I've followed the warnings advice and changed my shared secret multiple times, but keep getting this same error. What am I doing wrong and how am I to go about fixing it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--seth

--
Seth Law
[EMAIL PROTECTED]