Yesterday installed freeradius-snapshot-20040623 & openssl-SNAP-20040623 in hopes of using it for Wireless Authentication.  I followed the instructions from the different FreeRadius TLS How-to, and can successfully make authentication work using the client user certificate.

My problem now is I would like to create a certificate that authenticates just the computer and not worry about user certificates.  I know many of the security experts out there are shuttering by my even thinking about using a single certificate for authentication, but my environment doesn't work well for distributing individual certificates to all of my users.  Our laptops are used for training purposes and students don't use the same laptop every time.  Is there something special I need to do to create a machine certificate vs a user certificate?

If I move the user certificate to the (Local Computer) I cannot connect.

My Environment consists of:

Linux Red Hat 9 Server running FreeRadius and OpenSSL

Cisco 350 Series AP

Windows XP SP 1 & Windows 2000 SP 4 Laptops

Thank-you in advance for any help

Jeremy Scribner