On Jun 26, 2004, at 8:20 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:

David Stanaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
radclient -f testpacket -c 1000 10.13.77.78  -q acct s3cr3t

This only logs 256 accounting packets. I think it is to do with the
requestid looping.

You didn't say if it *sent* 1000 packets. Odds are that it did.

Sorry, I didn't make that clear. Yes it does send 1000 packets, but one it loops and starts reusing request ids the radiusd seems to discard them. I am guessing that it is seeing them as duplicate packets as the unixtimestamp is still the same and the requestid is the same, and the content is the same.

In this case, only 256 packets are logged also (That is in the detail
file and in the sql accounting).

Hmm... the "detail" file should log anything and everything it sees.

  So... what does the server say when you run it in debugging mode?
It WILL tell you what's going on, and why it's discarding packets (if
any).

I will check that shortly. I am guessing there is some duplicate request detection turned on.