-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Alan
DeKok
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 5:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Unresponsive child and dropping conflicting packets

Wisam Najim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After my Radius runs for some time (2 or 3 days with no crashes) I will
> start getting "Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id mm) for request
> yyyyyyy" and the message "Error: Dropping conflicting packet from client
> xxx:xxxx - ID: zzz due to unfinished request yyyyyyy".

  0.9.0 is old, and probably has a number of bugs which make these
problems worse.  I suggest testing the 1.0.0-pre3 release, to see if
it has the same issue.  If not, upgrade to 1.0.0 when it comes out.

> Incase of unresponsive child request would the thread handling it be freed
> or it will hang forever.

  It may end up hanging around forever, say if the database never
returns anything to the thread.

> I have checked the code documentation, It indicates that "Error: Dropping
> conflicting packet from client xxx:xxxx - ID: zzz due to unfinished
request
> yyyyyyy" appears when the current request isn't finished. NAS send a new
> packet, while radius is waiting for a proxy response. In my configuration
> am not using a proxy server though I kept the proxy option turned on in
the
> radiusd.conf file. Can this be a reason for the problem.

  No.

  The same problem can occur when the server is talking to a database,
and the database doesn't respond.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html