I have updated my test radius server to 1.0.0pre3, in order to test this.
What I see when I run radius in debugging mode is a series of
authentication requests followed by challenge responses and then nothing.
I don't know if the laptop is not receiving and understanding the
challenge or if the challenge isn't making it from the AP to the laptop.

Joe Meslovich