we don't use oracle for authentication but we are using it for accounting (9.2.0.4). one thing we did was we didn't use the oraclesql.conf just modified the sql.conf. currently they are both on the same box. localhost:1521 (or something like that).

now, that being said, i think we are having problems with the accounting records, i miss some, get dups of others, and i'm still sort of fighting to clean things up but most of the data is there.

p.s. the radius is 0.8.1 (in process of upgrading to 1.0.0-pre3 for some otherstuff til 1.0.0 final comes out). one thing i did notice though, is the oracle environment variables have to be set for the user (or program) that is starting radius or radius won't talk with oracle even though oracle is listening.

I hope this helps a little
t-

Message: 6 Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:27:11 +0000 From: Mihai Barbulescu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: FreeRADIUS + Oracle Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Hi do you have ORACLE 8.0.6 ? Plz i really need it ...plz plz pretty plz :) On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 05:28:17PM +0400, Victor M. Polukcht wrote:

>> PPlz, if anybody have an experience in setting up freeradius+oracle auth and
>> accounting, please give the links to docs, or config examples.
>> I can't google anything usefull.
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Victor M. Polukcht
>> System Administrator
>> LANCK Telecom ISP
>> St. Peterburg, Russia
>> Phone: +7 (812) 3258888
>> Fax: +7 (812) 3258888
>> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-- Barbulescu Mihai Network Engineer RoEduNet Bucharest NOC

--
Terry J Fike Jr
System Administrator