Kostas Kalevras wrote :

Thanks to you and Artur Hecker for your responses that helped me.

I chose to implement PEAP and EAP-TTLS on freeradius in order to have a wide support for Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP.

As I want to use LDAP to authenticate users; I may be able to use:
- PAP
- EAP-GTC
- LDAP direct bind

From the point of view of the supplicant, what is the protocol to use inside PEAP or EAP-TTLS in order to make freeradius do a LDAP bind ? And will this protocol be handled by Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP with or without xsupplicant ?

It seems that SecureW2 implements EAP-TTLS+PAP.

I found documentations saying that Windows XP handles PEAP but I didn't find what protocols inside PEAP are supported (and MSCHAPv2 does not do it as passwords are crypted in the LDAP).

About Mac OS X, it is suppposed to handle PEAP and EAP-TTLS but I have the same problem: no mention about "inside" protocols.

Does anyone has some informations about that ?

Thanks again for your help,

Christophe.