On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Christophe Boyanique wrote:

> Kostas Kalevras wrote :
>
> Thanks to you and Artur Hecker for your responses that helped me.
>
> I chose to implement PEAP and EAP-TTLS on freeradius in order to have a
> wide support for Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP.
>
> As I want to use LDAP to authenticate users; I may be able to use:
> - PAP
> - EAP-GTC
> - LDAP direct bind

That's not an authentication protocol it's just a way of implementing an
authentication protocol (like PAP,CHAP,MS-CHAP).

>  From the point of view of the supplicant, what is the protocol to use
> inside PEAP or EAP-TTLS in order to make freeradius do a LDAP bind ? And
> will this protocol be handled by Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP with or
> without xsupplicant ?

You should use PAP, that's the protocol which will send clear text passwords
which can be used for an ldap bind

> It seems that SecureW2 implements EAP-TTLS+PAP.

Yes it does.

> I found documentations saying that Windows XP handles PEAP but I didn't
> find what protocols inside PEAP are supported (and MSCHAPv2 does not do
> it as passwords are crypted in the LDAP).

PEAP is protected EAP. So you 're mostly stack with MSCHAPv2. Use EAP-TTLS
instead.

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece