At the moment I use Cisco ACS to authenticate against eDirectory LDAP
servers. I would like to use PEAP(EAP-MCHAP) if possible due the the
widespread availability of the 802.1x suplicant in Windows. Unfortunately
ACS does not support PEAP->LDAP authentication.

Before I start down working with another AAA product I would like a better
understanding if I can do it and how I can get it working. I found a
reference to CHAP and LDAP in the FreeRADIUS FAQ (#5.11). I get the
impression that the if LDAP module is configured to get a clear text
password, then the CHAP module can use it to do the hashing and handshaking.
Is this the same for MSCHAP?

Another alternative I am exploring is to find an MSCHAP front-end for the
LDAP server.

Any thoughts?

Peter Hicks

-