Hi,

I've now switched to using freeradius 1.0.0-pre3 on freebsd.  I am trying to
authenticate users via my Exec-Program call, which does a whole lot of other
queries and tests before granting access.  It all works if a PAP request is
made, but fails on a CHAP request.  Now I understand that CHAP requests are
encrypted. Can you compare chap passwords like you would do so with let say
$alreadycrypt == crypt($alreadycrypt, $test)??

My question is how can I confirm that the %{CHAP_PASSWORD} variable is
correct?  Ideally I'd like to do this in php, but I cannot find a function
to do this??

I have the following entry in my users file:

DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept, NAS-Port-Type == "DSL"
        Exec-Program-Wait = "auth_program.php %{User-Name} %{Chap-Password}
....etc"

Thanks

JB

-