at the database level you can create a database user and GRANT them
rights on the users table. That would, howeer, allow them to mess
with users of other external customrs. If you tag vpn users so you
can identify  to whom  the user belongs, you can use an application
which authenticates the customer and allows control only over custoers
tagged appreioately.  Anohter possibilty I suppose would be a per-customer
schema over whcih ty have rights but otherc customer's users are in their
own respetive schemas and unafected. this would irequire ajdustments on
the user auth side, you'd need to add explicit schema support.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html