Sorry, the poptop mailing list is completely worthless...
Ok, fedora core 1 machine
Samba PDC auth w/LDAP

Installed poptop ppptp server, installed freeradius...

Installed freeradius 1.0, configured freeradius with the following page...

http://devel.linvision.com/doc/lih/v0.4/radius.html

I did the test on there, and it says...
rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id=188, length=20

right, yay, so...
poptop says to set up auth against samba or ldap, do

Use the Radius plugin in pppd (=> v2.4.2) and set up a radiusserver

Ok, so how do I do this?  freeradius is configured to auth against ldap, but

http://poptop.sourceforge.net/dox/chap-secrets.txt

do I somehow change chap-secrets to make all accounts auth against ldap or radius
server or something?