From: John H.
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: freeradius+poptop+LDAP+Samba

Ok, I am not using mysql, but ldap(radius auth's to ldap), I tried to follow
the directions on this page(you are supposed to change some of this for ldap
instead of mysql, but it doesn't say what?
http://poptop.sourceforge.net/dox/radius_mysql.html I compiled/installed
freeradius-1.0.0-1 But I have no /etc/radiusclient or
/usr/local/etc/radiusclient dir, to put the server file in. for
options.pptpd file, for the lines ms-wins wins.server.ip.address ms-dns
dns.server.ip.address Since linux server is dns cache server, and wins
server, do I put it's local IP, 192.168.1.50, for both here? At the end of
that page, it has the following, which has to be different because I am
using ldap, not mysql, with radius, so what do I change it to?
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf: This is the relevant parts of my radiusd.conf for
authentication and accounting in MySQL. Thanks to Charles J. Boening
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) for this. Just remove the sql parts if you don't want
them, and add files or unix module or something. Modules { # You might have
more here # this is just the relevant part mschap { authtype = MS-CHAP
use_mppe = yes #force 128bit: require_strong = yes } } authorize {
preprocess suffix sql mschap } authenticate { mschap } preacct { preprocess
suffix files } accounting { acct_unique detail sql # radutmp } session { sql
# radutmp } #-----------end---------- --- On Thu 08/26, Thor Spruyt <
[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote: From: Thor Spruyt [mailto:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Date: Thu,
26 Aug 2004 20:11:56 +0200 Subject: Re: freeradius+poptop+LDAP+Samba John H.
wrote:
> Sorry, the poptop mailing list is completely worthless...

http://poptop.sourceforge.net/dox/radius_mysql.html

The radius.so plugin uses the settings from radiusclient, so make sure:

/etc/radiusclient/servers contains the secret for your radius server(s)
Like:
localhost testing123

If the radius is on localhost using the default freeradius secret (bad idea
off course...)

I think you must have the dictionary.microsoft file in /etc/radiusclient if
you use ms-chap 1 or 2.

It should be there by default.

Set authserver and acctserver in /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf if your
radius server is not on the same machine as your poptop.

This file sure makes splitting authentication and accounting between two
radius servers very easy.

Make sure both servers(if different) are listed in /etc/radiusclient/servers

--
Regards,

Thor Spruyt
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED] be