We had the same type of problem as well. We had to add the following to our php.conf file (located at /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf on our RH9 system):

<Files *.php3>

            SetOutputFilter PHP

            SetInputFilter PHP

            LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

Then restarted apache and it would load the php3 files that dialupadmin uses. Hope this helps.