I am new to this list, and have searched the archives for a clear explanation and have not found one.

I was wondering if there is a clear walkthough to setup FreeRadius to act as the only auth server for VPN connections to my local network.

In addition I would like to have FreeRadius define the specifics of each user’s access levels, without be required to setup the specific acl’s on the PIX firewall.  Our specific installation will allow me to provide the auth server, but not have direct access to changing the config on the PIX, it’s specific config is managed by another department.  Oh the pain of government life.

My clients would use Cisco VPN client 4.60.

Management has decided that this is a priority, this week.  Fun.

Sincerely,

Shawn Saunders

(310) 794-8976

(310) 794-8657 Fax

IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.