Ãann Laugardagur 25 september 2004 18:31.skrifaÃi Alan DeKok:
> "Stefan B. Jonsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm trying to configure the following scenario for a school network, this
> > has taken too long and lots of reading with out resault.
>
>   You're probably focussing on a solution, rather than the problem.
>
> > Macaddress is verified through Freeradius looking up in LDAP server to
> > give WiFi access
>
>   That can be done.  Are you planning on using *only* MAC address to
> grant users access to the network?  I would not recommend doing that.
My idea is to open wifi connection to VPN server using the Macaddress

> > Then user is authenticated on PPTP VPN again towards the LDAP using
> > Freeradius
>
>   If the VPN client supports RADIUS authentication, yes.
I am using Poptp server on Linux that uses built in Win VPN (this is more
access restricion than security)

>   But why use a VPN?  Why not just use EAP-TTLS, or EAP-PEAP?

Then some clients are needed for every user but XP users ?
>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

StefÃn B. JÃnsson