Nour Omar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wanted to write VOIP billing software( with prepaid, post-paid and
> advanced routing features, etc, etc) as FreeRADIUS plugin
> module. And I'm not sure if I want to make my module Open Source or
> not(Not decided yet).

  If you are planning on distributing your software to other people,
any module you write for FreeRADIUS, and include with FreeRADIUS, must
be under the GPL license.

> In case, I choose not make it Open Source, is there any legal
> consequence?

  If you distribute FreeRADIUS with your module, and your module is
not GPL'd, you are breaking the license which permits you to
distribute FreeRADIUS.  You do not then have any legal right to
distribute FreeRADIUS, or any product based on it.

>  My guess is that since it is seperate .so
> module(dynamically loaded module) that is not part of FreeRADIUS
> binary, It would not need the same licence as FreeRADIUS but I
> wanted to make sure that is the case.

  No.  The module will be linked into the server, and will be part of
it.  It therefore must be GPL'd.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html