On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Ron Wahler wrote:

If there are multiple users in an LDAP database with the same login name
what is

The default behavior of the ldap module, will it stop at the first login
name that

Matches and compare the password ? I assume so.  If I wanted it

To keep comparing all the users it finds in the database until if either
passes

Or there is no more entries how would I configure that.

The ldap module expects to find only *one* corresponding entry when searching for a user. If that does not happen it returns 'not found' That's not going to change, sorry. You could use the ldap_filter configuration directive and/or multiple ldap module instances to maybe get what you want.

In any case, what you are describing is probably not the problem but the solution you imagine would work. Why don't you just describe the problem you 're facing?

Thanks,

Ron.

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf