I don't know if this has anything to do with it but the UTMP
on FreeBSD is slightly different than many other platforms. I
came across these differences a number of years ago, when I was
having problems. The main consequence I came across was that
FreeBSD truncates the nas/port information.

If radutmp on FreeBSD is using a standard structure on all
platforms rather than the platform standard, this may be a
mute point.

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator