On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:06:15 -0500, Alan DeKok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> AJ Grinnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ok, I have peap working with the users file and with mysql, and I have
> > radius working with ldap also. But I can not get a user to
> > authenticate against ldap using peap.
>
>   The server does not authenticate against LDAP for any EAP type.  See
> my previous message to you on this topic.
>
> > I have seen that you cant use eap and ldap,
>
>   You already asked this question, and I already answered it.  If you
> don't remember, read the list archives.
>
> > but peap and ldap should work from what I have read.
>
>   PEAP is a type of EAP.
>
> > the debug that I am seeing is very long, so I have included the part
> > where I am seeing an obvious error.
>
>   The part where is says it doesn't have a password?
>
> >  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
> >  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
> >  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for agrinnell with NT-Password
> >  rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
>
>   You haven't told the server what the users password is.  How the
> heck do you expect it to authenticate anyone?
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Im sorry, I have not seen any replies that you may have given me. The
server has been told what the users password is when they log in over
the wireless, Windows XP asks for a username and password, both of
which are in active directory. I can authenticate against the users
file and a mysql database in the same fashion, why would ldap not
work?  Again, Im sorry if this is a basic question.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html