Is your Extreme Networks equipment truly performing EAP authentication? Do you have an example of radiusd -X output with an auth attempt from this piece of equipment? If it's true that this piece of equipment is truly rewriting the User-Name attribute so that it isn't the same as the EAP Identity, then that's so broken it's not even funny. Surely there is a configuration option for this piece of equipment to tell it to leave the username in its original format.....

--Mike

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

      I currently have Windows XP SP1 ,HP switch, 802.1x, PEAP, and Active
Directory working flawlessly.  Now I have run up against a new issue with
my Extreme Networks equipment.  Here is the issue.  When using the HP
switch, I get the User-Name attribute from the switch as "AMS\\mcapelle"
which works perfectly.  When the Extreme gear sends the User-Name attribute
it is in the format "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  Is there a way that I can fix this
attribute so that the PEAP authentication can take place?

Thanks,
Mark Capelle