I solved this problem using an other attribute :
in  /etc/freeradius/ldap.attrmap :

checkItem       User-Password                   radiusTunnelPassword

and set up passwords in it ;-)

I think it's only an access right problem on the LDAP 'userPassword'
attribute...

If that don't solve your problem, please send a copy of your config.
files and give more informations : It'll be easier to help.

Regards