Do you need x99 support? If not, you can disable that by removing it from the Make.inc.

> gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DOPENSSL_NO_KRB5 > -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -I../../include > -DX99_MODULE_NAME=\"rlm_x99_token\" > -DFREERADIUS -c x99_rlm.c -o x99_rlm.o > In file included from x99_rlm.c:54: > x99.h:26:42: openssl/des.h: No such file or directory

Here's the first problem. If you need x99, then you need to find out why gcc can't find openssl/des.h

Do you have openssl installed?

What (if any) parameters did you pass to configure?

configure obviously thought that it can build the x99 module, so there could be something that configure is checking, but isn't getting transferred over to the x99 module's Makefile... Or, there could be something that configure should be check for that it is not checking by default.

Check the config.log file in the freeradius-1.0.2 directory after doing a configure. Search for all instances of x99 and determine if configure thinks that it should build ok. You can then possibly use that information to determine what flags should be included in the x99 Makefile to get x99 to compile.

I build on Solaris 9 also, so if you get really stuck I may be able to help troubleshoot a some more if you want x99 support. I don't need it, so I remove it from Make.inc so it doesn't try to build.

hope that helps...

Mike