On Thu, Mar 17, 2005, Markus Krause wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i want to authenticate users at a cisco router by checking the mac-adress, the
> username and the password. (how) can this be done using freeradius?

Hello,

I manage to do that by first checking the MAC during the authorization
process with an external script (using the exec module), and then
authenticating the user with user/password with wathever method you
want to use (in my case PEAP-MSCHAPv2 + ntlm_auth, but any other should
work).

My radiusd.conf looks like this :

modules {
        exec mac_check {
                wait = yes
                program = "/path/to/your/script.pl %{User-Name}
%{Calling-Station-Id}"
                input_pairs = request
                output_pairs = reply
                packet_type = Access-Request

authorize {
        preprocess
        auth_log
        mac_check
        mschap
        eap
}

authenticate {
        Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                mschap
        }
        eap
}

The script is a simple perl script that connects to our members
database, checks if the MAC is registered and belongs to the
member trying to connect, and refuse (exit 1;) or accept (exit 0;)
authorization based on that.

There is probably a cleaner way to do that, but it works well.

--
Endy