"Christian Meutes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Iam very happy with 0.9.3. The setup is running stable without any
> problems since 1 year. We have 300k accounting sessions and a few
> thousand authentication requests a day. There a few dozens of
> scripts and programs cleaning and providing this setup to get the
> exactingly needs of our marketing satisfied. To say it short:
> FreeRadius just runs perfect.

  That's nice.  But 0.9.3 has known bugs & security issues which are
fixed in 1.0.2.

> Upgrading to a new version isnt so easy as it sounds, you know the
> problems of such upgrades, accounting and authentication is a very
> sensible subject.

  The goal of the server is to not break backwards compatibility.  I
would suggest installing 1.0.2 on a test machine, and seeing if it can
be used in your deployment.

>  is there no other way to get this working without the new version?
> no other workaround, no idea? :)

  Port rlm_detail from 1.0.2 to 0.9.3.  If you're familiar with C, it
shouldn't be hard.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html