Hi,
   FreeRADIUS is trying to do LDAP authentication and not PEAP
authentication. This is probably because you have not configured the
peap module. Please read eap.conf on how to configure the peap module.
Rest of the comments inline.

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 16:49 -0500, Matt McFarlane wrote:
> [...]
>  tls: private_key_password = "whatever"
>  tls: dh_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/dh"
>  tls: random_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/random"
>  tls: fragment_size = 1024
>  tls: include_length = yes
>  tls: check_crl = no
>  tls: check_cert_cn = "(null)"
> rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type tls
>  peap: default_eap_type = "mschapv2"
>  peap: copy_request_to_tunnel = no
>  peap: use_tunneled_reply = no
>  peap: proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = yes
> rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type peap
>  mschapv2: with_ntdomain_hack = no
> rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type mschapv2
> Module: Instantiated eap (eap)
> Listening on authentication *:1812
> Listening on accounting *:1813
> Listening on proxy *:1814
> Ready to process requests.
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.24.41.241:2460, id=31,
> length=130
>         NAS-IP-Address = 172.24.41.241
>         NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
>         NAS-Port = 1
>         Framed-MTU = 1400
>         User-Name = "testuser"
>         Calling-Station-Id = "000d88ac90c6"
>         Called-Station-Id = "001279e10c1b"
>         NAS-Identifier = "Enterprise AP"
>         EAP-Message = 0x0201000d017465737475736572
>         Message-Authenticator = 0x239e04043b7d03bd0698a0be9d0624d1
>   Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: entering group authorize for request 0
>   modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
>   modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
>   modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
>     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 155
>   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
> rlm_ldap: - authorize
> rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for testuser
> radius_xlat:  '(cn=testuser)'
> radius_xlat:  'ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton'
> rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
> rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
> rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
> rlm_ldap: (re)connect to nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389, authentication 0
> rlm_ldap: setting TLS CACert File to /etc/raddb/certs/wheatonCA/radtree.b64
> rlm_ldap: setting TLS Require Cert to demand
> rlm_ldap: starting TLS
> rlm_ldap: bind as cn=admin,ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton/password to
> nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389
> rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
> rlm_ldap: Bind was successful
> rlm_ldap: performing search in ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton, with filter
> (cn=testuser)
> rlm_ldap: checking if remote access for testuser is allowed by uid
> rlm_ldap: Added the eDirectory password in check items
> rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
> rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...
> rlm_ldap: user testuser authorized to use remote access
> rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
>   modcall[authorize]: module "test-ldap" returns ok for request 0
> modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
>   rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP

If no Auth-Type is configured, the authorize section of the ldap module
will set LDAP as the Auth-Type.

> auth: type "LDAP"
>   Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 0
> rlm_ldap: - authenticate
> rlm_ldap: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.

For LDAP authentication to work the User-Password must be there in the
request.But your client is trying to do PEAP authentication and PEAP
does not send password in the User-Password attribute.

>   modcall[authenticate]: module "test-ldap" returns invalid for request 0
> modcall: group Auth-Type returns invalid for request 0
> auth: Failed to validate the user.

The user authentication has failed

> Login incorrect: [testuser/<no User-Password attribute>] (from client shopwap
> port 1 cli 000d88ac90c6)
>   Processing the post-auth section of radiusd.conf

This is the post-auth section .
If your authentication succeeds then in the post-auth section user will
bind to eDirectory with correct password to perform account policy
check.
If authentication fails then in the post-auth section user will bind to
eDirectory with a wrong password to allow intruder detection system of
eDirectory to be activated.

> modcall: entering group Post-Auth-Type for request 0
> rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
> rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
> rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
> rlm_ldap: (re)connect to nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389, authentication 0
> rlm_ldap: setting TLS CACert File to /etc/raddb/certs/wheatonCA/radtree.b64
> rlm_ldap: setting TLS Require Cert to demand
> rlm_ldap: starting TLS
> rlm_ldap: bind as cn=testuser,ou=cs,ou=srvc,o=wheaton/aassword to
> nw_radius.wheaton.edu:389

Since auth has failed we bind with wrong password( generated by
modifying the correct password).

> rlm_ldap: waiting for bind result ...
> rlm_ldap: LDAP login failed: check identity, password settings in ldap
> section of radiusd.conf
> rlm_ldap: eDirectory account policy check failed.
> rlm_ldap: NDS error: failed authentication (-669)
> rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
>   modcall[post-auth]: module "test-ldap" returns reject for request 0
> modcall: group Post-Auth-Type returns reject for request 0
> Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
> Finished request 0
> Going to the next request
> --- Walking the entire request list ---
> Waking up in 1 seconds...
> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 172.24.41.241:2460, id=31,
> length=130
> Sending Access-Reject of id 31 to 172.24.41.241:2460
>         Reply-Message = "NDS error: failed authentication (-669)"
> --- Walking the entire request list ---
> Waking up in 3 seconds...
> --- Walking the entire request list ---
> Cleaning up request 0 ID 31 with timestamp 428b9927
> Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

Hope this help.Please get back in case you have any further queries.

-Sayantan.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html