Hello,

i've a technical question about the users file and how it deals with
User-Password.

In a lot of examples (including freeradius provided) we can see this
kind of things :

user    User-Password == "pass"
        A-Reply-Attribut = value
        Another-Reply-Attribut = another_value

my question is, why == operator ??

For me the goal of the authorise phase is to put the user password into
config items list to compare it (using Local auth in authenticate phase
in this case) with the one provided by the request, so, the := operator
is enough...

With the == (ok, it add the attribut to the config items list too for
the authenticate phase...) you've a kind of "double check" .. and the
authorise phase takes the look of the authenticate phase.

The only reason i can see is this one :
if you use :=, you add reply attributs to the reply list even if the
request password is bad.

thanks for informations, and let me know if i'm wrong :D

Anthony.

--
Anthony Hinsinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>