On Jul 28, 2005, at 17:09, Alan DeKok wrote:

  RADIUS servers are supposed to return Access-Reject's for
Access-Accepts, rather than just dropping the packets.

  If the server *requires* a back-end DB, and that DB is down, then
arguable the server can pretend it's down, too.

I am trying to get the Ascend NASs to switch to the secondary radius server when the primary has a failure condition. I know that no response will cause that, but haven't been able to find any way to make the switch occur with the primary is not working properly. Is there a particular value to send back that would cause the switch?