mad a écrit :

Hello,
I have a freeradius server, I use an eap/ttls authentication with 802.1x and ldap. I want to save the username, the ip adress, the MAC address, the start time and the stop time of the connection with the accounting function (with mysql). I have a problem with the ip address ... because it's dhcpd who give an ip address at the client, so freeradius can't have this information.

I have try ippool in freeradius (freeradius want to give an ip address but the client don't receive). Also I have read that it's impossible to use ippool with eap and when there are access point and/or swith between client and server ... it's true ?

I have also try other solutions (with syslog-ng who get the ip address in the log and insert in acct table ..., a scripts with omshell who permit to freeradius to indicate at dhcpd what ip address give at this client ...) BUT I think this solution are very unstable ...

What do you think about this ?
Have you an other solution ?

Sorry my english is rusty ... and thanks for your answers

Regards,

Psymad

i've a similar problem...but i don't arrive to assign fixed ip to a vpn client. my radius server (freeradius) send ip config like ip address, netmask, vlan and the router receive this info but it don't use.

i don't know how configure it in order to say that it must relay config from the radius

in my router config i cannot specify the authorization like
" aaa authorization network authorization-radius group group-radius" and i must replace "network" by "configuration" because with "network" the router send the name of the client isakmp group as user name and "cisco" as password but i haven't specify this password. i don't understand where he found this pass...

i know that i don't answers your request but if you could show me your configuration maybe i will understand my error !

thanks

ps: are you french ?
begin:vcard
fn:Pierre LEONARD