With modern operating systems we have various server task scheduling options available to use.

We can either use OSes modified to provide soft real-time such as versions of Linux. We can also ask the task schedulers to give certain processes either higher priority or to give them real-time alike scheduling, as is possible in Solaris and maybe Linux.

I wonder of anyone has experimented with observing FreeRadius performance under load conditions with these options? We shouldn't expect faster performance, but we may achieve more consistent behaviour - for example a smaller variance in response times.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

tariq

(this applies not just to freeradius but other server tasks too)
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html