Stephen Bowman wrote:

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:05 PM, David Blackman <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    I have purchased a Linksys SLM248G switch that has 802.1x support.
     I am new to radius server and would like to use this switch to
    authenticate ports for a lab to a freeradius server.  I have
    installed freeradius 2.1.0 on freebsd 7.0 system.

    It is the default configuration for FreeRadius 2.1.0 with the
    following added to the  client.conf.
    client 128.227.232.133 <http://128.227.232.133> {
           secret = thisislinksys
           shortname = 232.133
       }
    The Linksys switch is setup as follows:
    IP address: 128.227.220.28 <http://128.227.220.28>
    Authenticatio port: 1812
    number of retries: 3
    timeout for reply: 3
    dead time: 0
    key string: thisislinksys
    source IP address: 128.227.232.133 <http://128.227.232.133>
    usage type: 802.1x

    The WindowsXP setup:
    enable 802.1x auth: checked
    EAP type: MD5-challenge

    I do not see any output from the Freeradius server running radiusd -X.
    -
    List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

 From the FR server, can you ping 128.227.232.133 <http://128.227.232.133>?

Yes, I can ping the switch from the FR and I can ping the FR from an open port on the switch.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html