I looked at the permissions but everything looks ok, so still not sure why the -x and -xx options are not working, but that's not my main problem. I did notice one strange thing in the log shortly before one of the segmentation faults. Not sure if its related but perhaps someone here can shed some light:

radiusd(32122,0xa0479720) malloc: *** error for object 0x1d3610: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

Thanks.

-Randy