On Apr 21, 2009, at 5:21 AM, t...@kalik.net wrote:

I think I may have found a bug in rlm_perl?

No, you broke it.

#The following line cleans two of the slashes "\\"
out of the user-name before we return from the
                    #perl module. These two slashes get added in. I'm
not sure how or why.

$RAD_REQUEST{'User-Name'} =~ s/^$domain\\/ $domain/;

Extra slashes are escaping slashes in the username. Leave them alone.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/ users.html

Ok, but if I do not filter out the extra slashes then after the perl module returns, freeradius gives the error that the User-Name field does not match the peap identity. Then it shows the User-Name with too many slashes (four slashes). If, in my perl module, I filter out two slashes then everything works fine except for usernames that begin with "t". If I just use regular usernames (without the domain name ISD\\) then the perl module works fine. Since windows XP machines send the domain with the username by default, I must find some way to cope with the slashes. My perl module is very short. If I eliminate everything but a simple return_ok I STILL get the error that the User-Name does not match the eap identity. So, if I simply enter the module and immediately return and still get an error that user-name does not match the eap identity is this still me? I always must filter out the extra slashes ONLY if the username contains a domain.

Thanks! -Josh
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html