I am obviously missing something.

I tried commenting out that section and it did not work I then changed it to :

post-auth {
        reply_log
        sql
        sql_log
        exec
        Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
                sql_log

Could someone toss me a bone or tell me what document I need to read?

On 2009-Apr-17, at 11:12, Alan DeKok wrote:

Guy Fraser wrote:
I thought this would be enough to make it log failed authentications :

 Yes.  But to flat-text files, not to SQL.

post-auth {
   reply_log
   sql
   sql_log

 This says "log to SQL on success".

   exec
   Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
       attr_filter.access_reject

 You could put SQL logging here, too.

The configuration has changed significantly since I last contributed to
this project.

 The main changes are moving text from one file to another.  e.g. the
large chunks of "authorize", etc. in radiusd.conf have moved to separate
files.

 But the main configuration is still pretty much the same.  Older
configuration files can be used *almost* unchanged.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator