Am 19.05.2009 um 14:14 schrieb François Mehault:

Hi,

I authenticate on cisco equipments via ssh/telnet. There is no supplicant, so I don’t understand in my case and i would like to know if the communication between my cisco equipment and my FreeRadius safe is. I have a secret shared between both. I understand that the communciation between freeradius and the client radius use the protocol Radius. But in my case there is no PEAP, EAP/TLS …

Someone can confirm me please if the communication is safe ? because I afraid to see in the file users my password in clear- text. Is it possible to use md5, ssha … and how ?

For the compatibility, see http://deployingradius.com/documents/ protocols/compatibility.html

Thanks,

Regards,

François

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/ users.html

Have a nice day!

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html