On 7/06/2009, at 5:14 AM, Alan DeKok <al...@deployingradius.com> wrote:

John Dennis wrote:
The primary reason to upgrade is the vastly superior features in the 2.x
versions, plus 2.x resolves some issues which were present in the 1.x
series. These things will *not* be backported into 1.1.3, it simply does
not make sense.

 A complete backport would involve upgrading the software to 2.x. :)

I currently do not maintain a yum
repo for those packages which currently makes this a manual install
process, however I could probably set up a yum repo so any upgrades to those packages became automatic once you install the specially prepared yum repo config file. Setting up a yum repo for the RHEL and CentOS 2.x RPMS is not my highest priority task, but I can see how it would be an advantage for folks so I'll try and get it done in the next week (but no
promises). In the meantime you can just download the RPM's the FAQ
points to.

 It may be useful for us to set up a yum & apt repository on
freeradius.org.  That could simplify things a lot for some people.

I know the opensuse build server has many flavours on it so it's pretty "easy" to get packages built for your flavour there. I have built an older version of freeradius on there. So the only thing you really need to focus on is getting a working spec file for rpm.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html