Does turning on the hack do anything to the attributes other than adding the value to matching defined attributes?

From the code:

                if ((vp->attribute & 0xffff) == 1) {
                        const char *p;
                        DICT_ATTR       *dattr;

                        p = vp->vp_strvalue;
                        gettoken(&p, newattr, sizeof(newattr));

                        if (((dattr = dict_attrbyname(newattr)) != NULL) &&
                            (dattr->type == PW_TYPE_STRING)) {
                                VALUE_PAIR *newvp;

                                /*
                                 *  Make a new attribute.
                                 */
newvp = pairmake(newattr, ptr + 1, T_OP_EQ);
                                if (newvp) {
                                        pairadd(&vp, newvp);
                } else {        /* h322-foo-bar = "h323-foo-bar = baz" */
                        /*
                         *      We strip out the duplicity from the
                         *      value field, we use only the value on
                         *      the right side of the '=' character.
                         */
                        strlcpy(newattr, ptr + 1, sizeof(newattr));
                        strlcpy((char *)vp->vp_strvalue, newattr,
                                sizeof(vp->vp_strvalue));
                        vp->length = strlen((char *)vp->vp_strvalue);
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html